Why Should I say Sorry?

    Relationships are beautiful. Most are unique and peculiar to those involved. Those involved usually write their own norm. I can safely assume that they are usually guided by their own core values and common interests.
     Now, that's all well and dandy until a screw comes loose in someone's grey matter or the breeze from their village settled in their front room.
     I have written in the past read more here about women in families been the enablers of evil things they themselves will not tolerate or wish upon their female children. Simply, because the person is your sibling or relative doesn't make them right. Yes, you can be loyal but you can also be just.
    Now to my main point, I have heard of this scenario a few times more than I would like to. How is that after you have been physically abused and your safety or self worth has been compromised; are we asking the victim to apologize to the perpetrator. In layman's English, why is it during family meetings, are we asking the victim of the abuse to apologize to the abuser. Wives are being asked to kneel down and beg the husband without requiring the husband to take accountability for his actions.  Am I missing something? Why do we discount the worth of the abused like you begged her inlaws to marry her. Was she not the supposed beautiful flower in your family garden they were trying to pluck. We need to start asking ourselves a different set of questions. We can't keep complaining about what we are permitting.
     I am genuinely curious. I am wondering how other women can demand such from another woman. How can the other men seat through these meetings and permit such instead of offering protection to the abused and seek help for the abuser.
     Please can someone enlighten me. I am all ears.

Enough Said
Truly,
Modupe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Woman's worth

Legs up please, thank you

Child Education